You must obtain and maintain your CDL in your state of residence. This is normally the state where your regular driver\'s license was issued. If you plan on moving soon, you may want to choose your new state of residence.
NM CDL Skills Training Options | CHEAP Schools
NM CDL Skills Training Options - Cheap and Free CDL Schools, plus other options.
Jump to list of Truck Driving Schools in New Mexico
THREE types of New Mexico CDL Skills Training Programs
- Company Sponsored New Mexico Truck Driving School
- Private New Mexico Truck Driving School
- Cheap Alternative New Mexico CDL Truck Driver Training
COMPANY SPONSORED New Mexico TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOLS
Some large New Mexico trucking companies maintain their own Truck Driving Schools. These New Mexico trucking companies operated schools can be a good option for responsible individuals who do not have the financial means to pay for a private New Mexico truck driving school. Upon satisfactory completion of the program you are employed by the New Mexico trucking company that gave you the so called "free" training. The "catch" is that you have to sign a detailed contract before you start training. The contract normally requires you to meet standards at the school and to drive for the company for a specified period of time under specified conditions. If you fail to meet the conditions set forth in the contract, they will make you pay for the training and/or penalties for not fulfilling the contract . . . sometimes as high as $20,000. If you stay healthy and don't have a personal crisis while completing the terms of contract, this can work out just fine. However, in some cases, it has been the financial ruin of many a good man! CAUTION: READ AND UNDERSTAND AND BE PREPARED TO MEET THE CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THE CONTRACT!
FOUR advantages of New Mexico Company Sponsored CDL Schools . . .
- FAST - Usually less than a month
- High Quality Training - Includes followup after you receive your New Mexico CDL for successful over-the-road driving (you basically work-for-them so they want you to succeed)
- Little or no up-front tuition (read your contract - they aren't giving you "something for nothing"
- Guaranteed Job! You are pre-qualified to work for the company upon completion of training
PRIVATE New Mexico CDL TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOLS
Advantages of regular New Mexico Truck Driving Schools -
- Competitive - Abundant choices available
- No long term contract
- Fast track to getting your New Mexico CDL - as little as two weeks
- Training can be tailored to your needs
List of New Mexico Truck Driving Schools . . .
Central New Mexico Community College
Dona Ana Community College
Gallup CDL Training
International Schools Professional Driver Training – Las Cruces
Mesilla Valley Training Institute
Rocky Mountain Truck Driving School
San Juan College
CHEAP Alternatives to New Mexico Truck Driving Schools -
Will one of these cheap or free alternates New Mexico Truck Driving Schools work for you?
- Employer Training. A huge percentage of New Mexico CDL holders got their Skills training through their employer. Example: an excavation company - the new guy rides along with the old-timer who is a New Mexico CDL holder. Once you obtain your New Mexico CDL Temporary Permit, YOU can drive the vehicle, with the "old-timer" New Mexico CDL holder in the passenger seat to gain experience to pass YOUR skills tests. Most employers want as many of their employees as possible to have a New Mexico CDL - using the company vehicle for the skills test if the official skills tester doesn't provide a test vehicle for an additional fee (offered in many locations).
- A Friend or Relative with a New Mexico CDL. If you have a friend or relative with a New Mexico CDL, you can often go out with them in exchange for helping them with their loads, to obtain your on-the-road experience to pass your skills tests.
- New Mexico School Districts often provide the New Mexico School Bus CDL skills training for their prospective employees - especially those who already have their New Mexico CDL Temporary Permit.
Advantages of CHEAP alternative New Mexico CDL skills training
- No tuition - DIRT CHEAP!
- A more "relaxed" environment
- No scheduling problems