CDL Practice Test Prep Program
If you are not a resident of NEW HAMPSHIRE please
You must obtain and maintain your CDL in your state of residence. This is normally the state where your regular driver\'s license was issued. If you plan on moving soon, you may want to choose your new state of residence.
New Hampshire CLP CDL Learner's Permit
How to obtain a New Hampshire CLP CDL Learner's Permit. Step by Step.
How to obtain a New Hampshire CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit)
- The first step is to get a free copy of the New Hampshire CDL Manual - NH CDL Handbook. The New Hampshire manual is available in the New Hampshire field locations, downloaded from the New Hampshire website and printed. New Hampshire has its own process to get your New Hampshire CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit).
- The second step is to decide which type of vehicle and what kind of driving you want to get the CDL for.
- There are 3 classes of New Hampshire CDLs with endorsements for specialized qualifications for vehicles like school buses, tank trucks, tractor trailers, etc. Each types of New Hampshire CLP (Commercial Learner's Permit) and endorsement requires you pass a skills test and in some cases a written test. It is important to make sure you pass all the required tests or risk having restrictions on your license.
Step 1: Get the New Hampshire Commercial Learners Permit (NH CLP)
Step 2: Get the New Hampshire Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
Checklist . . .
- Possess current valid regular driver's license in New Hampshire.
- Show proof of Social Security number (Social Security card, payroll check stub, W-2 Form).
- For interstate driving, submit proof of DOT Medical Certificate. For intrastate driving, complete an application which includes a statement certifying that you meet medical and driver qualifications. If you have had any change in your physical condition since your last driver license renewal which may affect your ability to drive, you may need a special form from the branch office for your physician to fill out before you can apply for your license.
- Meet driver record eligibility requirements as determined by your New Hampshire DMV office personnel.
- Pass the required knowledge and vision tests. You must pass all required knowledge tests to obtain a New Hampshire CDL Temporary Instruction Permit (TIP). This allows you to practice driving under supervision of a driver who has a CDL for the type of vehicle you wish to drive. A New Hampshire CDL Temporary Instruction Permit (TIP) is also required for taking the NH CDL skills tests. If you do not pass a knowledge test on your first attempt, you must wait one day to retake the test. There is a one-day wait period for any subsequent retest.
- Pay your New Hampshire CDL fees.
- Schedule your New Hampshire CDL skills test.
- Upon successfully passing your Skills Tests, return to the New Hampshire DMV office.
- Receive your New Hampshire CDL.
"A friend recommended your product. Worked perfectly for him two years ago. Worked perfectly for me. He was right . . . it was better than described. I just got my Class A CDL with HazMat and tanker endorsements." - C.H., Mesa, AZ
"Our firm has been using your CDL test prep program for over two years. All of our employees have passed on their first try so far. In the past, many had to take their tests two and three times." - D.L., Scranton, PA
"Thank you for a great CDL prep course. I needed a CDL quick for a job offer. I was able to pass my tests in less than two weeks. I am making a lot more money than my last job." - T.W., San Jose, CA