You must obtain and maintain your CDL in your state of residence. This is normally the state where your regular driver\'s license was issued. If you plan on moving soon, you may want to choose your new state of residence.
MT CDL Skills Training Options | CHEAP Schools
MT CDL Skills Training Options - Cheap and Free CDL Schools, plus other options.
Jump to list of Truck Driving Schools in Montana
THREE types of Montana CDL Skills Training Programs
Some large Montana trucking companies maintain their own Truck Driving Schools. These Montana trucking companies operated schools can be a good option for responsible individuals who do not have the financial means to pay for a private Montana truck driving school. Upon satisfactory completion of the program you are employed by the Montana trucking company that gave you the so called "free" training. The "catch" is that you have to sign a detailed contract before you start training. The contract normally requires you to meet standards at the school and to drive for the company for a specified period of time under specified conditions. If you fail to meet the conditions set forth in the contract, they will make you pay for the training and/or penalties for not fulfilling the contract . . . sometimes as high as $20,000. If you stay healthy and don't have a personal crisis while completing the terms of contract, this can work out just fine. However, in some cases, it has been the financial ruin of many a good man! CAUTION: READ AND UNDERSTAND AND BE PREPARED TO MEET THE CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THE CONTRACT!
FOUR advantages of Montana Company Sponsored CDL Schools . . .
- FAST - Usually less than a month
- High Quality Training - Includes followup after you receive your Montana CDL for successful over-the-road driving (you basically work-for-them so they want you to succeed)
- Little or no up-front tuition (read your contract - they aren't giving you "something for nothing"
- Guaranteed Job! You are pre-qualified to work for the company upon completion of training
Advantages of regular Montana Truck Driving Schools -
- Competitive - Abundant choices available
- No long term contract
- Fast track to getting your Montana CDL - as little as two weeks
- Training can be tailored to your needs