You must obtain and maintain your CDL in your state of residence. This is normally the state where your regular driver\'s license was issued. If you plan on moving soon, you may want to choose your new state of residence.
IN CDL Skills Training Options | CHEAP Schools
IN CDL Skills Training Options - Cheap and Free CDL Schools, plus other options.
Jump to list of Truck Driving Schools in Indiana
THREE types of Indiana CDL Skills Training Programs
- Company Sponsored Indiana Truck Driving School
- Private Indiana Truck Driving School
- Cheap Alternative Indiana CDL Truck Driver Training
COMPANY SPONSORED Indiana TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOLS
Some large Indiana trucking companies maintain their own Truck Driving Schools. These Indiana trucking companies operated schools can be a good option for responsible individuals who do not have the financial means to pay for a private Indiana truck driving school. Upon satisfactory completion of the program you are employed by the Indiana trucking company that gave you the so called "free" training. The "catch" is that you have to sign a detailed contract before you start training. The contract normally requires you to meet standards at the school and to drive for the company for a specified period of time under specified conditions. If you fail to meet the conditions set forth in the contract, they will make you pay for the training and/or penalties for not fulfilling the contract . . . sometimes as high as $20,000. If you stay healthy and don't have a personal crisis while completing the terms of contract, this can work out just fine. However, in some cases, it has been the financial ruin of many a good man! CAUTION: READ AND UNDERSTAND AND BE PREPARED TO MEET THE CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THE CONTRACT!
FOUR advantages of Indiana Company Sponsored CDL Schools . . .
- FAST - Usually less than a month
- High Quality Training - Includes followup after you receive your Indiana CDL for successful over-the-road driving (you basically work-for-them so they want you to succeed)
- Little or no up-front tuition (read your contract - they aren't giving you "something for nothing"
- Guaranteed Job! You are pre-qualified to work for the company upon completion of training
PRIVATE Indiana CDL TRUCK DRIVING SCHOOLS
Advantages of regular Indiana Truck Driving Schools -
- Competitive - Abundant choices available
- No long term contract
- Fast track to getting your Indiana CDL - as little as two weeks
- Training can be tailored to your needs
List of Indiana Truck Driving Schools . . .
C.R. England – Burns Harbor
C1 Truck Driver Training – Indianapolis
Celadon Driving Academy – Indianapolis
Driveco Truck Driving Learning Center
Ivy Tech Truck Driver Training
Professional Truck Driver Training School
Roehl Transport – Gary
SAGE Truck Driving School – Indianapolis
SAGE Truck Driving School – Ivy Tech Community College
Truck Driver Institute – Sellersburg
Truck Driver Institute – South Bend
Truck Driver Institute – Whiteland
CHEAP Alternatives to Indiana Truck Driving Schools -
Will one of these cheap or free alternates Indiana Truck Driving Schools work for you?
- Employer Training. A huge percentage of Indiana CDL holders got their Skills training through their employer. Example: an excavation company - the new guy rides along with the old-timer who is a Indiana CDL holder. Once you obtain your Indiana CDL Temporary Permit, YOU can drive the vehicle, with the "old-timer" Indiana CDL holder in the passenger seat to gain experience to pass YOUR skills tests. Most employers want as many of their employees as possible to have a Indiana CDL - using the company vehicle for the skills test if the official skills tester doesn't provide a test vehicle for an additional fee (offered in many locations).
- A Friend or Relative with a Indiana CDL. If you have a friend or relative with a Indiana CDL, you can often go out with them in exchange for helping them with their loads, to obtain your on-the-road experience to pass your skills tests.
- Indiana School Districts often provide the Indiana School Bus CDL skills training for their prospective employees - especially those who already have their Indiana CDL Temporary Permit.
Advantages of CHEAP alternative Indiana CDL skills training
- No tuition - DIRT CHEAP!
- A more "relaxed" environment
- No scheduling problems