CDL Practice Test Prep Program
If you are not a resident of DELAWARE please
You must obtain and maintain your CDL in your state of residence. This is normally the state where your regular driver\'s license was issued. If you plan on moving soon, you may want to choose your new state of residence.
How To Get Your Delaware CDL
Procedures, requirements, fees, locations, etc. to get your Delaware CDL. Fast - Efficient.
How to obtain a Delaware Commercial Driver's License
- The first step is to get a free copy of the Delaware CDL Manual - DE CDL Handbook. The manual is available in their field locations, downloaded from their website and printed. Each state has its own processes to getting your Delaware CDL.
- The second step is to decide which type of vehicle and what kind of driving you want to get the license for.
- There are 3 classes of Delaware CDLs with endorsements for specialized qualifications for vehicles like school buses, tank trucks, tractor trailers, etc. Each types of Delaware CDL and endorsement requires you pass a skills test and in some cases a written test. It is important to make sure you pass all the required tests or risk having restrictions on your license.
Step 1: Get the Delaware Commercial Learners Permit (DE CLP)
Step 2: Get the Delaware Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
Checklist . . .
- Possess current valid regular driver's license in Delaware.
- Show proof of Social Security number (Social Security card, payroll check stub, W-2 Form).
- For interstate driving, submit proof of DOT Medical Certificate. For intrastate driving, complete an application which includes a statement certifying that you meet medical and driver qualifications. If you have had any change in your physical condition since your last driver license renewal which may affect your ability to drive, you may need a special form from the branch office for your physician to fill out before you can apply for your license.
- Meet driver record eligibility requirements as determined by your Delaware DMV office personnel.
- Pass the required knowledge and vision tests. You must pass all required knowledge tests to obtain a Delaware CDL Temporary Instruction Permit (TIP). This allows you to practice driving under supervision of a driver who has a CDL for the type of vehicle you wish to drive. A Delaware CDL Temporary Instruction Permit (TIP) is also required for taking the DE CDL skills tests. If you do not pass a knowledge test on your first attempt, you must wait one day to retake the test. There is a one-day wait period for any subsequent retest.
- Pay your Delaware CDL fees.
- Schedule your Delaware CDL skills test.
- Upon successfully passing your Skills Tests, return to the Delaware DMV office.
- Receive your Delaware CDL.
"Just as described on your web site. It made my study easy, fast and interesting. I appreciated having many study options. I passed very confidently." - C. D., Toledo, OH
"Heard about your product from a friend (now my best friend). Worked as well for me as it did for him. Great program!" - N.L., Everett, WA
"Thank you for a great CDL prep course. I needed a CDL quick for a job offer. I was able to pass my tests in less than two weeks. I am making a lot more money than my last job." - T.W., San Jose, CA