CDL Practice Test Prep Program
If you are not a resident of COLORADO please
You must obtain and maintain your CDL in your state of residence. This is normally the state where your regular driver\'s license was issued. If you plan on moving soon, you may want to choose your new state of residence.
How To Get Your Colorado CDL
Procedures, requirements, fees, locations, etc. to get your Colorado CDL. Fast - Efficient.
How to obtain a Colorado Commercial Driver's License
- The first step is to get a free copy of the Colorado CDL Manual - CO CDL Handbook. The manual is available in their field locations, downloaded from their website and printed. Each state has its own processes to getting your Colorado CDL.
- The second step is to decide which type of vehicle and what kind of driving you want to get the license for.
- There are 3 classes of Colorado CDLs with endorsements for specialized qualifications for vehicles like school buses, tank trucks, tractor trailers, etc. Each types of Colorado CDL and endorsement requires you pass a skills test and in some cases a written test. It is important to make sure you pass all the required tests or risk having restrictions on your license.
Step 1: Get the Colorado Commercial Learners Permit (CO CLP)
Step 2: Get the Colorado Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
Checklist . . .
- Possess current valid regular driver's license in Colorado.
- Show proof of Social Security number (Social Security card, payroll check stub, W-2 Form).
- For interstate driving, submit proof of DOT Medical Certificate. For intrastate driving, complete an application which includes a statement certifying that you meet medical and driver qualifications. If you have had any change in your physical condition since your last driver license renewal which may affect your ability to drive, you may need a special form from the branch office for your physician to fill out before you can apply for your license.
- Meet driver record eligibility requirements as determined by your Colorado DMV office personnel.
- Pass the required knowledge and vision tests. You must pass all required knowledge tests to obtain a Colorado CDL Temporary Instruction Permit (TIP). This allows you to practice driving under supervision of a driver who has a CDL for the type of vehicle you wish to drive. A Colorado CDL Temporary Instruction Permit (TIP) is also required for taking the CO CDL skills tests. If you do not pass a knowledge test on your first attempt, you must wait one day to retake the test. There is a one-day wait period for any subsequent retest.
- Pay your Colorado CDL fees.
- Schedule your Colorado CDL skills test.
- Upon successfully passing your Skills Tests, return to the Colorado DMV office.
- Receive your Colorado CDL.
"Our firm has been using your CDL test prep program for over two years. All of our employees have passed on their first try so far. In the past, many had to take their tests two and three times." - D.L., Scranton, PA
"I just want to thank you for your program. Much better than expected. I got my Class B permit on my first try. I am now studying your CDL skills tests material before I start my hands-on training." - M.K., Lakeland, FL
"Exactly what I needed. I liked to have all of the study options. The CDL handbook bored me to death. Passed my tests on the FIRST try. I just started driving a school bus last week." - R.N., Virginia Beach, VA